As I’ve mentioned in my previous post, I just came back from a week’s trip to Seoul, South Korea. One of the things that got me excited with this trip is the beauty/skincare items. Korea’s a country that’s very big in the beauty department. There is a makeup store literally every after 10 steps. In some areas, they’d be situated side by side (hello, Myeongdong, Hongdae, Ehwa University).
What I got are mostly skincare items that I know I needed since my stock needs some replenishment. Of course, there are a few makeup items. Who could resist Clinique’s cheek pop blush and Dior’s Fluid Sticks?! I have yet to give you my two cents on the cheek pop blush but I’ve been using them nonstop for the past 2 weeks. They’re fantastic!
Lotte Duty Free Shops have 2 branches in Seoul: Jamsil and Myeongdong. I planned to shop at Jamsil but the swarm of people shopping that day scared me. It was like shopping in Divisoria during Christmas season. Every aisle was jampacked. I couldn’t even test an item peacefully without another person looking at the same counter I am checking. So I gave up and saved my time on another day.
Since I couldn’t resist, I had to visit the shop the next day. But instead of going to Jamsil, I went to the Myeongdong branch. The subway green line (Line 2) is connected directly to the building so yey for us shoppers! Duty Free Shop is located at the 10th floor of this branch. It’s cheaper to buy here because items are tax free but you can’t bring them home right away. You will have to wait until the day you leave Seoul before you could get them. You will pick them up at Incheon International Airport at a designated gate after immigration. So better be early at the airport if you plan to shop here.
You can pay using cash (Korean Won) or Credit Card (USD). The price of the items I bought weren’t very far from the original US prices. Dior was even cheaper here. Fluid Sticks retails for 35 USD in Sephora and Dior Website and I got it for 32 USD. So I feel that these are good buys, good buys. Or so I tell myself.
Hope this helps when you to Seoul! Here’s the list:
- Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream in shade 32 – 28 USD
- Origins High Potency Night-a-mins Mineral-enriched Renewal Cream (with free 30ml Ginzing Energy Boosting Moisturizer) – 39 USD
- Origins Zero Oil Purifying Toner – 27 USD
- Origins Starting Over Age-Erasing eye cream – 46 USD
- Clinique Even Better Essence Lotion for Combination/Dry Skin – 33 USD but I got it for 29.7 USD because of a promo
- Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Peach Pop and Berry Pop – 21.6 USD each, promo price (original price is 24 USD)
- Dior Addict Fluid Stick in 753 Open Me and 872 Mona Lisette (see my review here)
- MAC Fix+ – 21 USD
- MAC Strobe Cream – 36 USD
What do you buy at duty free shops when you travel?
Follow me : Twitter: @sunshinegirlph | Instagram: @_royalsunshine_