My skin has been acting up recently. I’m not breaking out in particular but I see whiteheads sprouting in places that has been clear before. I think my skin needs time to breathe so I replaced some items in my skincare routine and stopped wearing heavy makeup.
I’ve stopped using Clinique Essence Lotion. Instead of my usual Origins Moisturizer, I am currently using Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate as my moisturizer – it’s a sample that I got from their Trinoma branch a few months ago. I’ve almost used it up, it’s a week worth of product so the sample’s not too bad. My skin is loving this stuff by the way. I wake up with a nice glow in the morning.
For my makeup, I’ve stopped using foundation. I’ve been relying on corrector to cover my dark circles and concealer for the redness around my nose and sporting a bright lip to match this simple makeup.
Here are the items I’ve been using lately:
- Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach Bisque – I use this to cover my dark circles.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Fair + Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger – Ginger was too dark for me so I looked for a shade that I can mix with it and Fair from the Fit Me line was perfect. I used a mixture of the two around my nose and a little bit on the chin. I concealed the acne scar that I have on my forehead. And that’s it for my base.
- MAC Utterly Becoming Paintpot – The pinky-beige tint of this base does a good job in cancelling out darkness on my lids.
- Bobbi Brown Longwear Shadow Stick in Bark – I line my water line with this and use a pencil brush to smudge it a bit.
- Majolica Majorca Brow Customize Pencil in BR 660
- Benefit Gimme Brow in Light
- Any bright lipstick. For today’s photo, I was using MAC’s Ririwoo over Absolute Power. Red power combo!