When I saw this photo on the account, my heart literally jumped. I am a self-confessed Origins baby guys. If you’ve been reading my blog, you know Origins is my favorite skincare brand. I’ve used their cleansers, moisturizer and masks. So I checked the date and time and I knew I was available for this event. So now the next thing is to register. I was able to send an email a few hours after the post went up on Instagram. I didn’t really get my hopes up because I thought I saw the post a little too late. And then I received an email from Marielle of Project Vanity team asking to confirm my attendance. YES! Continue reading My Origins Mask Party Experience
So I am going to start a series here in my blog called “Product Empties.” The post will be about any makeup or skincare item I use up. I will have a quick review on these items when I finish them. Since I have a lot of stuff, expect a post quarterly or maybe less often than that. The only stuff that I finish up regularly is skincare so I’d only post if I have enough products to talk about. I hope you find this series useful.
I have 4 product empties for today:
Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Neutral Fair (20.50 USD or approx. 960php). I bought this concealer because of Julia from Blessmybag. I believe we have the same skintone so I lean towards whatever she uses. She used this as an undereye concealer and it’s actually pretty good at that. The shade I got has a slightly pinky undertone that counteracts dark circles. Would I buy it again? No, just because I’ve used a cheaper alternative (aka Maybelline Fit me in 15 Fair) and it works just as good.
Dior Addict Lip Glow in 001 (33 usd or approx. 1,540 php). This is a very expensive lip balm. “The first universal balm by Dior reacts to the unique chemistry of each woman’s lips to give them a natural flush of custom pink that suits her skin tone. As if revived from within, lips are fresh, full and radiant. “ That’s according to the description box from Dior’s website. During daytime, it’s the first thing I apply in my makeup routine. It’s not too slippery and leaves my lips hydrated and prepped for whatever lip product I’d use that day. At night, I use it before I sleep and when I wake up, I always have plump and moisturized lips. Would I buy it again? No. I got this in a set that I bought in Incheon airport. I thought then I was getting it at a bargain. But then again, it’s lipbalm, Meg. It’s too expensive. 🙁 I get the same results with my Innisfree Lip Treatment and that’s 160php.
Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask (17 USD, 50ml or approx. 793php). This thing is the bomb, okay? I really love it. It’s suppose to clear your pores as you leave it on to dry and wash it off your skin. My skin feels super soft every time I use this. I only had a deluxe (but very generous) size of this, 50ml but it really lasts a long time. I’ve used it once a week quite religiously and it lasted me for almost a year. Would I buy it again? YES.
Origins Modern Friction (20usd, 50ml or approx 934php). I love love this facial scrub. I use it twice a week and it leaves my skin baby soft. This plus charcoal mask combo is seriously my holy grail cleansing combo especially when I am having pesky unwanted breakouts. Would I buy it again? Uhm, I already have a backup waiting to be opened. Hehe.
That’s all I have for this post! Until my next empties <3 That means I need to really start using up my stuff…
Follow me on Instagram: _royalsunshine_ ; twitter: @sunshinegirlph
You know that feeling when you see your makeup collection and you think you’d never finish anything? This post is actually a testament that, hear this, I ACTUALLY FINISHED SOMETHING. Not just a thing, but FOUR items in my stash. LOL. Nevermind that 2 items are skincare related, I still feel that sense of accomplishment.
1. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 03 Medium – This is the first concealer that I bought that matched my skintone. The very first one was from Covergirl and it was too pink for me – I gave it away. This is an all around concealer that I use for my undereye area and spots. It conceals spots very well because it has a slightly dry texture. This can be used under the eye too if yours is not very dry. (Retails for 269 pesos, selected Watsons branches, Crossings Department Store)
2. ZA Ever Brow brow pencil in 02 Natural Brown – I bought this pencil thinking it was a dupe for Anastasia Brow Wiz. The nib is tiny just like Anastasia’s but I don’t have the Brow Wiz to compare it with so I am not sure how this compares. The shade is a little bit lighter than what I am currently using – the Majolica Majorca Brow Customize in BR660. I really like this because you can draw finer strokes in your brows which looks more natural than a slanted tip. This also has a spoolie at the other end so no need to grab a separate one. (Retails for 225~ish pesos, selected Watsons branches, Landmark)
3. Origins High Potency Night-a-mins Night Cream – It’s a very emollient cream with citrus scent. I’ve used this night cream for 8 months and I wake up with nicely moisturized skin. I didn’t breakout despite being heavily scented and that’s a good thing. Note: Guys, skincare is something personal and products can have different effects on people. (US Retail Price: 41 USD, 50ml, Sephora| Origins)
4. Yes to Cucumbers Hypoallergenic Facial Towelettes (30/pack) -This was one of the items I ordered from drugstore.com when my dad went to the US last December. I wanted to try this since it was on sale at 220 pesos (less than 5 USD). It’s a pretty good makeup remover wipe. The towelette is slightly bigger and thicker than the one from The Face Shop. It slightly stings my eyes though, especially when I got to the bottom of the pack where the towels are soaked more in the solution. What I did was wrung out the excess solution before I use it. (US Retail Price: 5.79~6.99 USD depends on where you get it, Drugstore.com | Ulta)
I hope this won’t be my last Product Empties post! Looking forward to finishing more stuff ~ hahaha.
This is just a quick post about the Burt’s Bees sale happening now at some Beauty Bar branches. Not all branches carry these sale items at 65% off. I think the discount depends on the expiration date of the items. I found most of these in Gateway mall branch – I bought it last Sunday. I bought the eye cream and moisturizer in Glorietta last Friday but they do not have the cleanser anymore. There are other items on sale aside from the ones listed below.
- White Tea Facial Cleansing Towelettes (30 pcs) – Sale Price: 173.25 php (Before: 495 php)
- Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser – Sale Price: 278.25 php (Before: 795 php)
- Intense Hydration Eye Cream – Sale Price: 507.50 php (Before: 1450 php)
- Daisy White Moisturizing Cream – Sale Price: 577.50 php (Before: 1650 php)
Also, Rosehip Plus Rosehip Oil Skin Boost Roll On is also on sale. The price now is 337 php (50% off). As you may have noticed, these are mostly hydrating items because I wanted the dry patches around my right eye gone pronto! *sadface*
Hope you can catch these sale items in store! 🙂
Yes it’s the time of the month. You want to cry for no reason at all. You crave for sweets and salty food like there’s no tomorrow. It’s also the time when your skin feels most vulnerable. Breakouts here and there, on your forhead, chin, on your nose. It’s not a pretty sight, right? I was already not feeling well because of my colds when my monthly visitor sneaked right in. Double ugh. I hate dysmenorrhea.
So after my lovely anniversary date with Chard, I decided to treat myself a mini pampering session. I knew my skin needed some TLC so after a hot shower, I got my Origins Clear Improvement Mask and slathered it on my face. On initial application, you’ll feel that it tingles and warms up a bit. I leave it on for a good 20 minutes until it sort of hardens on the skin. To remove, I splash my face with warm water and use a face towel to make sure my face is clean and sans all the residue.
This mask is actually a good way to clear your skin of toxins because activated charcoal is its main ingredient. It draws out impurities from your skin and leaves your skin feeling cleaner and smoother. That’s what my skin feels like every single time I use this. It looks brighter as well, definitely looking much healthier.
I give high priority to skincare so I don’t mind shelling out a little more for it. I don’t think Origins is available locally. I usually buy Origins in duty free shops whenever I travel or I ask relatives/friends get it for me in the US. This is quite pricey at 25 US dollars per 100ml but I think it’s worth it. I only have the 50 ml version since I got it from a set. There’s an Origins Mask set that’s gonna be on sale for Black Friday (link from Temptalia) in Sephora so grab it if you can.
My skin has been acting up recently. I’m not breaking out in particular but I see whiteheads sprouting in places that has been clear before. I think my skin needs time to breathe so I replaced some items in my skincare routine and stopped wearing heavy makeup.
As much as I love putting on makeup, I make it a point to remove all my makeup before I go to bed. I know a day can get very tiresome and it’s very tempting to just plop to the bed and sleep. But your skin needs to breathe, people. You need to remove all the things that you piled on your face. Continue reading My Current Makeup Removers